At First Baptist Church, the littlest ones in the church family are very important to us. We offer a range of free play and initial faith development that will nurture your young ones at a pace they can handle.
Here are a few examples of our programs and events geared toward your preschoolers:
- Sunday School Classes – Preschool Sunday School provides just the right balance of loving care, playtime, and initial faith development. Preschool Sunday School is closely graded with classes for Birth through Kindergarten.
- Extended Teaching Care – During the 8:30 and 11:00 am Worship times, we provide a fun place of learning for the youngest members of the family. Children through Kindergarten are invited to participate in Extended Teaching Care. During the 6:00 pm Worship, we offer the same kind of care for children through Pre-K. Kindergarteners attend Evening Worship with Mom and Dad as they begin the initial steps to participating in Family Worship.
- Mission Friends – Sunday Evenings during 6:00 Worship are times for Missions Education. Our preschoolers in Pre-K and Kindergarten participate in Mission Friends where they begin to learn about missions across the country and across the world.
- AWANA Clubs – Preschoolers in the 3's as well as Pre-K and Kindergarteners participate in Awana. Our Awana Clubs meet every Wednesday evening immediately following Mission Friends from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. Preschoolers ages 3 & 4 participate in Cubbies while those in Kindergarten participate in Sparks. Awana takes a break in June, July, and August.
- Mini Music Makers – The Mini Music Makers Choir is organized and run by our Music Ministry. Designed for those in Pre-K and Kindergarten, this choir meets every Sunday at 5:00 pm and learns a variety of music centered around God and worshiping Him. The choir meets during the school-year (September-May).
For more information about Preschool Ministry, please contact our Preschool Minisrty Coordinator, Katie Hartis.